Pain occurs when something hurts, causing an uncomfortable or unpleasant feeling. The presence of pain often means that something is wrong.
Pain can also cause significant problems for the person experiencing it and delay postoperative recovery:
For the treatment of chronic pain, medical professionals often prescribe strong pain medications like Tramadol. Tramadol is the generic version of the popular pain killer, Ultram. Let us see how the medication works.
The medication changes the way we feel pain. It is known to attach itself to the synapses of the nerves blocking the neural pathway of pain in the body. This prevents the electrical signals in the body from reaching the brain. As a result the pain feels as though has been mitigated.
Another benefit of the pain med is that it increases the levels of Norepinephrine and Serotonin in the body. Norepinephrine is a chemical released from the sympathetic nervous system in response to stress. It is classified as a neurotransmitter, a chemical that is released from neurons. Because the release of Norepinephrine affects other organs of the body, it is also referred to as a stress hormone. Serotonin impacts every part of your body, from your emotions to your motor skills. Serotonin is considered a natural mood stabilizer. It’s the chemical that helps with sleeping, eating, and digesting.
· Always inform your doctor about your allergies and medications
· Never overdose. Tramadol is a strong pain med and has the tendency to become addictive.
· Never mix Tramadol with other pain meds
· Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid this pain med.
· Cardiac, renal and hepatic patients should also avoid this drug.
· In case of side effects, it is highly recommended to consult the doctor immediately.
We post health blogs related to smart drugs, erectile dysfunction and pain meds. Find us on the links given and do leave a feedback. Stay Fit! Stay Active!