Smart drugs have been there for some time now. These Nootropic drugs are responsible for that fresh wave of wakefulness that drives us through the whole day. For surviving in the tough cruel competitive world, it is necessary to stay focused and motivated all day long. Modafinil is one such category of smart drugs that helps us in the mentioned purpose. In fact, Modafinil can be considered as the parent of all smart drug compounds. Various types of smart drugs like Modalert, Modvigil, and Provigil were made from the Modafinil compound. Modalert is one such smart pill drug that helps us in staying awake and active all day long and stay focused and motivated to perform in our respective fields.
Modalert is a Modafinil based molecule. It serves as a cognitive enhancer for our brain. Modalert was FDA Approved in 1998. Modalert is a Eugeroic drug that promotes wakefulness and helps us focus too.
The main mechanism of Modafinil is to work on Orexin and hypocretin. Neurons that respond to Orexin can be found in the hypothalamus but project to numerous other parts of the brain – including several areas that are responsible for sleep and wakefulness. In short it appears that Orexin is partly responsible for our sleep wake cycle and thus has been implicated in narcolepsy.
When these neurons are activated, they increase Dopamine and Norepinephrine in those areas specifically, as well as increasing Histamine. When you take Modalert (Modafinil), it appears that it blocks the Dopamine ‘transporters’ in the brain. These are molecules that act in order to remove Dopamine from the synapses. Thus you increase the amount of Dopamine available for action. Dopamine also likely increases as a result of increased wakefulness and activity in the brain, just as caffeine triggers a secondary increase in Dopamine.
There have been many studies that show that though Modafinil increases our current cognitive levels. However, the creativity in the user becomes blunt and new things may become harder for the user to grasp. The drugs are harmful if taken recklessly and this makes the precautions to be taken before using Modalert even more important. Let us look at the various uses, side effects and most importantly the precautions to be taken before the ingestion of the pill.
· Modalert is, as stated, a Eugeroic drug. This means the drug promotes wakefulness and makes us awake by triggering the Orexin peptides in the body. The Dopamine levels of the body are also useful for the waking up of a person. All these increased factors result in the person being wide awake an active all day.
· Smart drugs are called smart drugs for a reason. These pills enhance our cognitive thinking and make us ‘smarter’ at the various tasks we do all day. The enhanced thinking abilities help us take better decisions and make us better adapt at conquering our surroundings.
· Various sleep disorders like Narcolepsy, sleep apnea and other sleeping ailments harm the person. These sleeping ailments can be treated efficiently.
· Often people who work in night shifts feel sleepy during their shifts. Well, that’s how our bodies are programmed to work isn’t it? Modalert helps people with Shift Work Disorder conquer their sleepiness and give them a razor sharp level of focus and motivation.
· The smart pill is known as the drug that can help people with depression as well. The Dopamine neurotransmitter also known as the ‘feel good’ molecule is increased that helps in the elevated good moods of the user.
· Anxiety, etc.
· In some rare cases, allergic reactions can be seen where there is redness and swelling. In such cases it is advised to consult a doctor immediately.
We post health blogs related to smart drugs, erectile dysfunction and pain meds. Find us on the links given and do leave a feedback. Stay Fit! Stay Active!