The world is a den of competitive fierceness. The probability of failing if you get left behind is high indeed. Being sleepy is an indication that the body requires rest, something that it might not be getting in adequacy. True enough being sleepy can hamper your focus as well as bring a negative impression from your fellow mates and seniors. There can be several reasons for a person being sleepy at daytime.
Some people are light sleepers while some are heavy snorers. But for everyone one thing is common, ideal conditions for sleep can help in getting better sleep and a better sleep for a person can help in the betterment of the health. Lack of proper sleep results in the person being sleepy and tired in his/her workplace, and more often than not, they might end up losing various opportunities they might have aspired for.
Let me present a scenario that might appeal to many people, men and women alike. Imagine the employee of an organization who toiled day and night for a certain project. The day of the important meeting he arrives at the workplace clearly tired from the night’s preparation for the meeting. As the meeting progresses, this particular person starts feeling sleepy and starts losing focus on this very important meeting. What might happen next? The seniors might get irked and give the responsibilities to a colleague who wasn’t sleeping. For the fans of the popular 90s TV series, F.R.I.E.N.D.S., the fate of Chandler Bing in the Tulsa meeting is well known. For the unfamiliar ones, this Bing person dozed off, and landed a job role in Tulsa, which he did not wish for.
Anyway I have possibly painted a grim image of a person falling asleep in the workplace. Now imagine the same situations without the daytime sleepiness. If only there was a means to give these people the needed wave of wakefulness for the day. Luckily there is. Smart Drugs!
You are probably familiar with the concept of smart drugs. Smart drugs are cognitive enhancers that allow the user to remain in a state of ‘high’ or in a state of ‘euphoria’. Apart from being cognitively focused, the person also realizes he/she is no longer sleepy. Most smart drugs are also Eugeroics. Eugeroics are drugs or medications that promote wakefulness. Modafinil is definitely a well known name for most smart drug users. As known by many, there are many smart drugs developed by Modafinil.
The need for something better
Human beings are inhabitants with the constant need to develop and evolve. Their desire to find something better knows no limits. With smart drugs too, this concept is applicable. The Modafinil smart drug compound was put under extensive research and development to find this something better that can help them improve their cognition even further.
Armodafinil was the product of this R&D. Armodafinil is considered the enhanced form of Modafinil. Actually the answer to finding the evolved form of Modafinil lied in the Modafinil molecule all long. Armodafinil was found as the R-Enantiomer of the Modafinil molecule. It had a higher intensity of being a wakefulness agent.
Much like Modafinil has the smart drugs like Modvigil, Modalert, Provigil; many smart drugs were developed under the Armodafinil roster. Prominent among them is the smart drug, Nuvigil.
Nuvigil is an Armodafinil based drug that helps in promoting wakefulness and making us cognitively advanced. Food and Drug Administration, USA approved the use and sale of Nuvigil in many countries in 2007. Much like other smart drugs, Nuvigil also acts on the hormone levels of the body affecting the physiology of the person. As we all know Dopamine is a neurotransmitter in the body that helps in the executive brain functions like memory, focus. There are certain Orexin receptors (OX1, OX2) that help in the wakefulness of a person. These receptors are further stimulated by the smart drug ingested and this result in the activation of the Orexin Peptide. This Orexin Peptide plays a major role in waking up a person. Also, there is the influence of the smart drug on the hormone levels in the body.
Dopamine is a major neurotransmitter. The reuptake of this neurotransmitter is inhibited by the smart drug, attaching itself to the synapses of the nerves. Other hormones like Histamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin are also increased to levels that help a person (the user) to stay active and smart for the duration of the smart drug ‘high’.
Uses of the Smart Drug
· The smart drug promotes wakefulness. The smart drug is basically a class of Eugeroics along with being a cognitive enhancer. This smart drug gives the necessary wave of wakefulness to meet the day’s requirements of being active and focused at the daily activities.
· The smart drug also is a cognitive enhancer increasing our cognitive functions and the executive brain functions.
· Various sleeping disorders like sleep apnea or excessive sleeping disorder can be treated with this smart drug.
· The smart drug also helps in treating depression and fatigue.
· Nervousness, anxiety.
· In some cases, there are some allergic reactions that might include reddening, itching, etc. In such cases it is highly recommended to consult the doctor and take proper medical assistance.
· Always inform your doctor about any allergies or prior medications you might be taking. These factors can affect the functioning of the body under the influence of the smart pill.
· Never overdose
· Cardiac, renal and hepatic patients should avoid this smart drug. The smart drug can aggravate the condition of the person even further.
· Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid this smart drug. Effects of smart drugs such as Nuvigil are untested on the physiology of pregnant and breastfeeding female body and the offspring. So it is advisable to avoid this drug.
· Never mix smart drugs with alcohol, or other smart drugs.
The ones who stay awake and perform are the ones who get their faces on the hall of fame in the 21st Century. The turtle may have won the race back then but the hare (on smart drugs) will always be the actual winner by miles. Nuvigil is the smart drug option for the ones who find it difficult to stay awake and focus on their daily activities. However, the smart drug is a powerful one and proper precautions can allow the user to experience the effects of smart drugs as they were meant to be.
We post health blogs related to smart drugs, erectile dysfunction and pain meds. Find us on the links given and do leave a feedback. Stay Fit! Stay Active!