Nootropics, also known as smart drugs and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements, and other substances that improve cognitive function, particularly executive functions, memory, creativity, or motivation, in healthy individuals. The use of cognition-enhancing drugs by healthy individuals in the absence of a medical indication is one of the most debated topics among neuroscientists, psychiatrists, and physicians which span a number of issues, including the ethics and fairness of their use, concerns over adverse effects, and the diversion of prescription drugs for nonmedical uses, among others.
Smart drugs help to promote wakefulness and alertness in patients with narcolepsy or shift work disorder. Fatigue and depression are also can be treated. They are also assumed to treat ADD, ADHD, depression, and schizophrenia1 by some researchers; though no concrete evidence has yet been provided.
Modafinil is a wakefulness promoting agent. Used to stay awake, be better focused, and to work better, Modafinil has also been found to be a very effective cognitive enhancer that improves the power of decision-making. It is thought to work by affecting certain brain chemicals that control the sleep/wake cycle and has been shown to enhance wakefulness, attention capacity and vigilance.
First approved for excessive sleepiness caused by narcolepsy in 1998, the drug is now frequently prescribed off-label for a host of conditions from depression to multiple sclerosis. Some researchers say it might also be used successfully to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Although this has not been proven yet due to lack of proper evidence.
Approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treating narcolepsy, it is sold under various brand names, and is classified as a Schedule IV substance. This means it has a relatively low potential for abuse (as opposed to Schedule I, II and III drugs.) It appears that more and more people are asking their doctors to prescribe the drug to enhance and improve their cognitive performance. This places it firmly in the realm of a contemporary “smart drug,” and its popularity as such is increasing.
Modafinil is a household name for any smart drug compound. It was first marketed way back in 1998 when it was FDA approved. Modafinil smart pill/ drugs act by inhibiting the reuptake of Dopamine in the body by the nerves. This results in the formation of a pool of Dopamine that makes it available for use by the body for later uses. Dopamine provides the fresh wave of wakefulness along with helping us be more focused and motivated towards work. There is an increase in other chemicals as well. Chemicals like Histamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin increase, resulting in the body being more alert and active for its daily purposes. Modafinil usually has a biological life of 11-12 hours with the excretion of the pill passing out through urine. The smart drug is mostly known as the “King of all smart drugs”.
Nootropics (smart drugs) in general are gaining popularity, particular among younger people who need to focus, concentrate and improve their knowledge as quickly as possible. One of the benefits of Modafinil is that it isn’t a conventional stimulant, and reported side effects are minimal.
· Modafinil is mainly useful for waking up purposes. The increased levels of Dopamine allow the user to wake up and have a focused outlook towards his/her day. Usually a pill in the morning does the trick.
· It also enhances our cognitive and executive brain functions such as memory, focus, etc.
· It is also particularly helpful for people having Shift Work Disorder.
· Modafinil being a smart drug, also treats Narcolepsy, sleep apnea and other such related sleeping disorders.
· It also has the advantage of treating fatigue and depression.
· Upset stomach
· Nervousness, anxiety
· Muscular pain, etc.
· In some rare cases, allergic reaction emerge.
In case of such side effects, medical guidance should immediately be taken.
· Always inform your doctor about any allergies or medications you might be taking
· Never overdose the pill. Always take the prescribed amount.
· Pregnant or breastfeeding women should not take this pill. The effect of Modafinil is untested on mothers and babies, hence the resulting effect is unknown, and therefore should be avoided to prevent any unwanted circumstances.
· Cardiac, renal and hepatic patients are advised not to take this pill as it can affect their ailments and worsen their health to fatal levels.
· Never consume alcohol with Modafinil.
· Never take the med if you are under 18 years of age.
· Never take any other smart drug with Modafinil.
Where can one buy Modafinil online?
There are numerous online med stores available in the digital world today. Online Pharmacy Pills is one of them where one can buy Modafinil online. There are many customer friendly benefits that cater to the masses;
· Cash on delivery
· Free shipping
· Overnight delivery
· Refill reminder
· Affordable rates
· No need of prescription
Modafinil is a smart drug compound that has proved to beneficial for many people all around the world. Many successful people have admitted to taking Modafinil or Modafinil based smart drugs. However proper care should be taken while taking this pill as with its many benefits, it can also prove harmful if misused. Along with its cognitive enhancing properties, it also makes a person feel a sense of ‘euphoria’ to motivate him/her to accomplish his goals.
We post health blogs related to smart drugs, erectile dysfunction and pain meds. Find us on the links given and do leave a feedback. Stay Fit! Stay Active!